1. Only sick people go to the hospital.
But doctors, nurses and medical technicians are there daily.So are the cafeteria, parking and cleaning staff. Everyday, the number of healthy people at a hospital outnumber those that are treated or admitted.
2. I will get sick if I visit a hospital.
But the odds of us getting sick are actually higher in the confined space of our work cubicles.Yet, we still go to work everyday.
3. It takes a professional or specific training to make a visit to a hospital.
All it takes to visit a hospital is intentionality and availability. You come not out of duty or compulsion but because you wanted to. For these reasons your visit is highly valued by the recipient.
4. It is expensive and time consuming to make a visit to a hospital.
It will cost you the same amount of gas or parking as the mall. Most visits can be done in about 30 minutes.
5. It doesn’t matter if I do it because someone else will.
Everyone knows someone who talks about how no one visited them when they were in the hospital. You can author a different story that has a lasting impact.