I have spent my life in pursuit of many things.
1. An athletic varsity letter jacket in high school.
2. A college degree.
3. The love of my life, who graciously consented to be my wife.
4. A career that provided financial security and impacted others in a positive way.
5. The blessing of being a parent.
6. Unconditional love and acceptance.
7. Significance. What will I leave behind that will last?
Yet at the same time I was chasing these things, God was always pursuing me.
He has allowed me to see what was fleeting and would not last.
He has created an instinctive craving for meaningful relationships in me.
He has authored a desire for my life to have meaning and significance.
He has let me experience the wonder of his affection and pursuit.
I will never understand the love of the Father that would run toward his creation for a relationship. But I am grateful.