Here are seven questions I consider when facing difficult choices concerning the future.
1. What kind of legacy do I want to leave behind?
2. Will my legacy be centered around personal accomplishments or relationships?
3. Do I want to be remembered more for what I did, or for how I did it?
4. What kind of people do I want to remember me?
5. Will I use my influence to make a difference in someone else’s life or will I focus on my own development?
6. Will my legacy be intentional or a byproduct of happenstance?
7. Will I make the sacrifices necessary to leave behind something that will last?
The answers to these questions should influence my actions, decisions and behaviors.