I have a little exercise that should make your day better.
Grab a pen and a piece of paper. Number it 1 through 9.
Give yourself a plus 1 for every yes answer and a minus 1 for every no.
Ready? Set. Just answer yes or no. Go.
1. I am able to breathe without the aide of a mechanical device.
2. I have friends and family who include me in their get togethers.
3. I have a life threatening illness.
4. I am able to laugh at myself and others.
5. I have a roof over my head and food to eat.
6. I have been hurt so deeply by others that I can no longer function in society.
7. I have the ability to earn a living.
8. I have people I care about.
9. I am without hope.
Now total your score. Most people will be on the positive side of life. But some will not.
Why not take a moment and pray for those with a life threatening illness, no roof over their heads, deep emotional hurts, and no hope for a better day.
And while you are thinking about it, thank God for His many blessings to you.
And if you see someone less fortunate than yourself, STOP… and do something to bring joy to their life while it is on your heart. You might just change someone’s life for the better. Maybe your own.